Have an awesome song you want to use in a Highlight Reel, but can't seem to figure out how to get it on your GNARBOX? Here are some tips and tricks on how to do that!
#1 - MASS STORAGE MODE
One of the easiest and fastest ways to get music onto your GNARBOX is by connecting your GNARBOX to your computer using Mass Storage Mode. For a full tutorial on how to connect your GNARBOX to computer, check out our guide here.
Once connected, simply drag and drop your music files over to your GNARBOX.
TIP: Create a folder for your music so that it's easier to locate in the GNARBOX app!
#2 - EXTERNAL DRIVE
The second way to get music onto your GNARBOX is by loading your music files onto an external drive, whether that be a hard drive or thumb drive. Simply plug your drive into the GNARBOX via USB3 or USB2 and copy your files over to the GNARBOX.
For a full tutorial on how to connect external devices and transfer files to the GNARBOX, check out our guide here.
#3 - DROPBOX VIA FILES APP (iOS ONLY)
If you an iOS user, another easy trick is to upload your music to Dropbox. You can then transfer the files from Dropbox to your GNARBOX using the iOS Files App. Here's how:
- Upload the music you want to use to your Dropbox account.
- Once uploaded, launch the iOS Files app and navigate to your Dropbox account.
- Find the file(s) you wish to transfer and tap "Select", then choose the files you want. Select the export icon in the bottom left.
- You will then be prompted with a series of app icons and locations. Tap "Save to Files", then choose 'GNARBOX' from the list.
- Before hitting "Add", connect your iOS device to your GNARBOX wifi as you normally would and open up the GNARBOX app.
- Next, revert to the Files App window and tap "Add".
- When you revert back to the GNARBOX app, you'll see your music file has now been added to your GNARBOX!
Note: This method can sometimes be a big buggy as it is Apple's first implementation of the Files App.
As always, we're here to help solve your GNARBOX related issues, so if you're unable to find the answer you're looking for on help.gnarbox.com, feel free to shoot us a message using the chat window found in the bottom right corner of the page!
Marlena is the Community Support Manager at GNARBOX. Talk to her about Canon cameras, travel and adventure photography! You can see her personal work at instagram.com/marlenapearlphoto and marlenapearlphotography.com