One of the greatest things about the GNARBOX is that you can easily go from editing your files on the go with just your GNARBOX, to connecting to your computer and accessing your files there.
When in Mass Storage Mode, your GNARBOX will show up the way any external hard drive would when plugged into your computer. This will allow you to access any of the footage stored on your GNARBOX in its original format, as well as any edited photos or Highlight Reels you've created. Folders on the GNARBOX will show up in folders dated according to when those files were created.
How to use your GNARBOX in Mass Storage Mode:
1. Hit the Settings button on the Home screen of your GNARBOX
2. Hit USB3 Mode and select Mass Storage
3. Connect your GNARBOX to your computer using the USB3 cable provided
4. Your GNARBOX will now show up as a mounted device on your computer
5. Open your Finder or Windows Explorer and navigate to the GNARBOX.
6. You can drag and drop files from any of the folders on your GNARBOX to copy them onto your computer, as well as copy files to your GNARBOX by dragging them into one of the folders there.
7. To disconnect, simply eject the GNARBOX drive, and make sure to switch your GNARBOX back into Normal USB3 mode using the GNARBOX app.
Please note that you will not be able to use the GNARBOX app to access or edit files while it is in Mass Storage Mode.
Kat is the Community Manager at GNARBOX. Talk to her about Sony cameras, adventure photography and video editing with the GNARBOX! You can see her personal work at instagram.com/kat.greenbaum and vimeo.com/kgreenbaum.