Quick and easy video editing is one of the things GNARBOX does best. From adding music to making quick edits, the Edit Video screen gives you all the tools you need.
Video Loading & Transcoding
In the Home screen, click the clip you'd like to start editing. The clip will load up and start to play. The timeline at the bottom of the screen will change from grey to green, indicating that your video is loading and transcoding.
Once the bar is fully green, click the 'Edit' button in the top right corner to begin editing.
The trim bar helps you select pieces of your footage to create clips for your highlight reel. Featuring a green tab on either end, it allows you to drag the edges to the exact in and out points of your desired clip.
The Magic Marker
To fine tune your clip selection within the trim bar, set in and out points using the Magic Marker
- In the Edit Video screen, scrub to the place in your footage where you'd like your clip to start.
- Instead of trying to drag the edges of the trim bar to the exact in point, simply swipe down on the video to mark an edit point.
- Tap the left end of the trim bar and it will magically snap to the in point set using the Magic Marker!
- Repeat the same steps to set an out point, this time tapping right end of the trim bar.
Double Tap Re-rack
To rewatch the clip you've just created, double tap the video frame.
Double Tap Trim Reset
To reset the trim bar, simply double tap the scissor icon at the bottom of the screen.
The scrubbing tool is incredibly versatile and its features allow you complete control over your video editing experience.
- To scrub through the timeline at normal speeds, simply drag the playhead back and forth.
- To scrub more precisely, drag the playhead up when scrubbing to enter Fine Scrub mode.
- For even more control after scrubbing, pause your video and then super fine tune your edit point by swiping left or right on the video to advance frame by frame.
If you want to adjust the color on a clip, just tap the Adjust icon in the bottom tool bar. You'll be able to adjust the color grading of your clip using the same tools available to you in photo editing.
Adding a Clip to the Highlight Reel
Once you're happy with your clip, just swipe up on the video and it will be added to your Highlight Reel.
As always, we're here to help solve your GNARBOX related issues, so if you're unable to find the answer you're looking for on help.gnarbox.com, feel free to shoot us a message using the chat window found in the bottom right corner of the page!
Kat is the Community Manager at GNARBOX. Talk to her about Sony cameras, adventure photography and video editing with the GNARBOX! You can see her personal work at instagram.com/kat.greenbaum and vimeo.com/kgreenbaum.