The Highlight Reel is the place where your GNARBOX edits go for their final polish before you share them with the world.
How do I change the order my clips are in?
Adjusting the order your clips are in is as easy as holding down on a clip until it releases and dragging it to its new location.
How do I delete a clip from my Highlight Reel?
If you decide you don't want to use a clip, just hold the clip and drag down. It will instantly disappear from your Highlight Reel.
How do I add music to my Highlight Reel?
To add music to your Highlight Reel, first make sure you have some songs loaded onto your GNARBOX. If you're not sure how to do that, check out our tutorial here.
- On the Highlight Reel screen, tap the Music icon at the bottom of the screen.
- You'll be asked to choose a hit point for your music. This point should be an exciting part of your video where you want the music to make a big impact. Drag the footage to where you'd like the hit point to happen and hit Next.
- A list of the songs available on your GNARBOX will appear - pick one!
- A waveform of your selected song will load in. Using the waveform, choose a musical hit point. This should be an exciting part of the song, like the bass drop, for example.
- GNARBOX will pair your music and video hit points and you can review it by playing the video.
- To change the video hit point, music hit point, or change the music, just hit the Music icon and select which element you'd like to adjust.
Once you've added music to your Highlight Reel, hit the export button and save the finished product to either your camera roll or your GNARBOX.
Can I save a Highlight Reel project to edit later?
If you leave a Highlight Reel unfinished, it will always be saved so you can go back into your GNARBOX and finish editing the reel. You're currently unable to start editing a new Highlight Reel and then revert back to edit an older one.
For iOS users, an alternative for this would be to use our LumaFusion integration for multiple projects and timelines.
Can I re-trim a clip once I've added it to the Highlight Reel?
Right now you not able to re-trim clips, but this is a feature that has been heavily requested, and will be built into an upcoming software update.
For a video tutorial on how to edit video, check out our tutorial here!
As always, we're here to help solve your GNARBOX related issues, so if you're unable to find the answer you're looking for on help.gnarbox.com, feel free to shoot us a message using the chat window found in the bottom right corner of the page!
Kat is the Community Manager at GNARBOX. Talk to her about Sony cameras, adventure photography and video editing with the GNARBOX! You can see her personal work at instagram.com/kat.greenbaum and vimeo.com/kgreenbaum.